This Florida girl is taking a leap of faith and moving to Michigan! I know, I know…most people move to Florida FROM Michigan. Like most things though – I do them a little backwards 😉
The past few years, I have been blessed to travel to Grand Rapids, MI for work on several occasions; always leaving with the ‘this-feels-like-home’ vibe. I started extending my work trips to spend extra time exploring the city and seeing friends. For those of you wondering…no, I have not been there in the dead of winter and no, this does not scare me (but we can also re-address a year from now – lol).
As fate would have it, a wonderful opportunity opened and I decided to go for it. Timing is funny that way, right? Ask…and you shall receive.
Here’s the short of it:
- I will still be working for MVP! In fact, I’m keeping the same job title, but will be the director at their flagship location in Grand Rapids. If you’re ever in the area – please come see me and check it out!
- I’m moving the first weekend in April and plan to rent out my adorable home. If you know of the perfect person/family or want more details, shoot me a private message!
- I have no idea where I’m living in Michigan yet. Thank goodness my word of the year is “surrender” otherwise I *might* be panicking right about now…
- Yes! Spooky Sparrow is coming with me. I wouldn’t be able to do this move without her.
- I always love an adventure, so it looks like #BrotherSisterWeekend2019 will be a 2-day road trip from Florida to Michigan with all of my belongings in tow. I’m not entirely opposed to hiring a moving company for this…but something about driving up just sounds exciting. Am I delirious?
- I will still be able to finish grad school…thank goodness for online programs! And I’m still expected to graduate December 2019 🙂
- Thanks to MVP, I already have a great network of friends in the area – so I won’t be a lone wolf.
- And yes, I’m aware that it will be cold. As a native Floridian though – I truly have a sense of wonder around the thought of actually experiencing all four seasons. Again…we can reconvene a year from now after I survive my first winter 😉
I think that’s about all I know for now. If you have ANY advice on cold-weather living or must-haves/must-dos for major moves or transitions in life – PLEASE leave them for me in the comments below. As excited as I am for this next chapter in my life, I am also scared to death. I’d greatly appreciate your advice and any expertise! Much love, my friends. xx